The world needs energy professionals who see the big picture. At OpTerra, we offer careers that empower dedicated individuals to work with a dynamic team across many fields – from engineering and sustainable design, to business development, financing, and marketing. If you want to be part of a large, supportive organization where your voice will be heard, join us to power a brighter energy future together. OpTerra is a pioneer in advancing the sustainable energy economy, energizing opportunity and building positive impact for the communities, institutions, and businesses we serve.
As a subsidiary of ENGIE, the number one energy efficiency services provider in the world, OpTerra Energy Services provides a unique and extensive set of energy and sustainability management services to thousands of customers across the U.S. We have helped our partners achieve over $2 billion in energy savings to date while delivering positive environmental and community impact in the diverse regions in which we work.
The Construction Manager has the primary responsibility of providing oversight and management of daily construction activities on projects asigned to him/her ensuring that all constructable elements found in the implementation contract are properly installed and operational. The Construction Manager shall also be responsible for managing and ensuring that proper start up, commissioning, training obligations are met as stated in the implemenation contract. Additional responsiblities are in summary: create or augment and maintain a Critical Path Schedule, manage oversight of all project safety related concerns, contribute to development of cost and pricing activities prior to and during the project, interact and communicate with the Customer, Project Manager, Project Engineers, subcontractors and all other personnel to ensure responsible and accurate installation of the scope of work.
- Maintain and oversee daily field and safety operations of multiple subcontractors
- Conduct on-site meetings and provide progress reports and other status updates with Customer and management as required
- Prepare, schedule and communicate the upcoming project and adhere to a critical path schedule
- Schedule and conduct regular construction progress meetings with subcontractors to track the construction progress and resolve/prevent potential conflicts and problems
- Ensure that subcontractor has met all obligations stated in contract and that all scopes of work and energy measures are functional and working as a system
- Drive all job related safety initiatives including development of a job-specific safety plan that includes addressing any unusual job hazards
- Coordinate construction pre-bid meetings and walk-throughs with subcontractors, Project Manager and Customer as necessary
- Coordinate pre-construction meeting with subcontractors and Customer
- Provide assistance to Project Manager on subcontractor selection
- Coordinate with the Project Manager on the approval of all submittals received from subcontractors, and distribute to necessary parties
- Review and approve/disapprove all invoices from subcontractors, in coordination with the Project Manager
- Verify the need for all change orders and determine responsibility and fair price for the work
- Provide and/or supervise all training, as required by the contract, to the Customer
- Contribute and participate in the job closeout documentation package to ensure that a complete and accurate set of as-built drawings and supporting documentation is prepared, O&M manuals are assembled, warranty certificates assembled, equipment registration
- May perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/ G.E.D
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Must be able to read, comprehend and execute on construction plans of all disciplines
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 - 10+ years of experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong work ethic and high level of craftmanship with a stong attention to detail
- Time management and project scheduling skills with the ability to manage multiple task simultaneously
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
- Must be comfortable with the technical aspect of this job as well and business and Customer interaction
- Thorough knowledge of the operation and installation of all or many of the following; mechanical, HVAC, electrical power systems, lighting, controls and solar systems
- Sound knowledge of applicable building codes and OSHA safety criteria
- Ability to successfully manage projects and maintain high customer satisfaction
- Able to lead, motivate and discipline when necessary
- Ability to travel 75% - 100% of the time
- Typical field environment with construction trailer and occasional office environment, may be exposed to different weather elements. Must be willing and able to work remotely
- Ability to work outdoors and on rooftops
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Frequently communicates with employees and customers
- Able to get from office to off site customers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
- Location: Pasadena, CA (Options for Riverside and Orange)
- Hours: Salaried (Exempt)
- Reports to: Senior Project Manager
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, as listed above.
OpTerra is proud to be an EEOC Employer.